There is a significant expansion and growth of large and medium sized MNC's own Captive Engineering and R&D centers, as well as large and medium sized Outsourced Engineering and R&D centers.
As part of this growth there are also small and highly focused Outsourced Engineering and R&D center catering to Small and Start-Up organization across the globe from India. These service providers form the pool of Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D centers.
The need for small and start-up organization is significantly different from that of the established OEMs.
The smaller companies require,
- One-stop-Shop for end-to-end product development covering Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, Firmware and Software
- Ability to complement the core technological strength of the company with expertise and experience
- To support organizations who sometime have zero or very little technological know-how, but have a market potential idea
- To start with the ability to quickly prototype the concept to validate market and drive for funding for next stage
- And eventually the ability to take the engineering design to production with minimal budget and timeline, in a global setting
This demands the Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center to be flexible, nimble, ability to scale and versatile.
The effectiveness of such Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center depends on,
- Experience in developing end-to-end products
- Ability to bring in Global Subject Matter Experts (SME) from relevant domain into product development cycle on-demand
- Frugal Engineering Practices to do More with Less
- Cost effective in-house prototyping capability to quickly validate concepts
- Eco-System of partners for Industrial Design, Prototyping, Tooling, Manufacturing and Assembly
- Manage early stage low volume production
- Ability to take the product to compliance and certification
- Provide effective technical support after product launch
Srushty is glad to be part of this growing space of India's Outsourced Engineering and R&D Services, focusing on serving and supporting the Small and Start-up organization as a Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center.
Srushty in collaboration with Progress Consulting offered GD&T Training at SMR Automotive Systems India Limited on 10th and 11th October 2014.
The 2 full day intensive workshop covered GD&T concepts in practitioner’s perspective. The workshop was anchored by Maruthachala Mandiram, Director, Srushty Global Solutions.
The course covered right from basics of Tolerance, and to Why, What and How of GD&T Techniques. Thanks to enthusiastic 40 odd participants from SMR Automotive, the training included real life project examples and study of GD&T usage in them.
The training covered the theoretical aspects, as well as Design Intent, Manufacturing Impact, Part Inspection and Qualification aspects.
World, come on, come and "Make in India"...India got talent, resource, cost advantage, ethical business model. IP consciousness, and now political will to truly "Make in India".
The Indian Product Design and Development competency had been growing as ITeS growing along with the growth of IT sector. So India got global exposure, aware of global product competitiveness and understand international quality standards. So, its time India can supply product to the world market "Made in India"
I and team Srushty, are very delighted to see the DNA of our organization getting political focus, and we @ Srushty are excited to be part any Indian and Global organizations, wanting to "Make in India"...right from Concept to Manufacturing.
Come on, lets Roar!!!
The Automated Tube Labeller (ATL-60) for In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) industry developed by CPC Diagnostics in collaboration with Srushty Global Solutions won Bronze Award at “Times of India Medicall Innovation Awards 2014”.
Key Innovation Drivers
- Product Need Understanding and Product Positioning by CPC Diagnostics
46-68.2% of laboratory errors occur in the pre-analytical phase. CPC focused to introduce a product to the market for addressing these errors
- Product Specification & Functionality jointly by CPC Diagnostics and Srushty Global
Demand for speed, feature, capacity, suitability to Phlebotomy work flow, crunch in real-estate foot print - understood spot-on through detailed “Voice of Customer” process
- Product Engineering and User Ergonomics handled by Srushty Global
The mechanical, electrical-electronics, firmware, first level user application developed right from concept, engineering, prototyping, testing and transfer to manufacturing by Srushty Global as one-stop-shop
Concept to Commercial Launch – The Path Travelled
CPC had identified the problem area through a detailed study in IVD industry. On the process of study, CPC found around 46-68.2% of laboratory errors occur in the pre-analytical phase. CPC determined to introduce a product to the market for addressing these errors. CPC chose Srushty as their extended R&D arm and did a detailed market study to identify the challenges in the existing Pre-analytical process. Based on the market study, both Srushty and CPC arrived at the required and mandatory product specification.
Srushty had taken the responsibility of mechanical, electronics and firmware design & first level of software design for converting this inventive idea to a real product. With a clinical and meticulous approach, Srushty moved ahead in faster pace and developed the first demo product within three months’ time. The demo product was compact and occupied small foot print area and successfully addressed the core functionality of the product. With the success of demo product, Srushty aggressively progressed with design and development and successfully released the product with all required technical specification and features.
The Automatic Tube Labeller, to be used at Phlebotomy Station in IVD industry
Reducing Time and Error
- Automatic selection of type of blood collection tubes based LIS patient data
- Printing and Pasting Barcode Label to tubes in predetermined position
Flexibility to adapt pre-existing and varied Workflow
- Smallest foot print to accommodate most Phlebotomy Area
- Facility to label pre-filled tubes
- Automatic Auxiliary printing for labelling urine and other type of samples
- Facility of easy interface with LIS / HMS
About CPC Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd
CPC diagnostic is engaging in manufacture, marketing, distribution and servicing of medical and diagnostic equipment.
About Srushty Global Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Srushty is engaging in engineering consultancy, product innovation, design and development with primary focuses on providing innovative and cost effective solution.
About Medicall, Chennai
Medicall is organized by Medexpert Business Consultants Pvt. Ltd and is India’s premier hospital needs and equipment exposition and the biggest of its kind in India. Medicall brings the latest, appropriate and affordable technologies, for the benefit of all hospitals including smaller hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and physicians setting up group practice.
About Times of India Medicall Innovation Award
Medicall in collaboration with “Times of India” gives innovation awards to recognize, showcase and encourage innovation in the field of Healthcare. In 2014, Around 150 applicants applied for innovation award and 11 were shortlisted for final to present their innovation.