There is a significant expansion and growth of large and medium sized MNC's own Captive Engineering and R&D centers, as well as large and medium sized Outsourced Engineering and R&D centers.
As part of this growth there are also small and highly focused Outsourced Engineering and R&D center catering to Small and Start-Up organization across the globe from India. These service providers form the pool of Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D centers.
The need for small and start-up organization is significantly different from that of the established OEMs.
The smaller companies require,
- One-stop-Shop for end-to-end product development covering Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, Firmware and Software
- Ability to complement the core technological strength of the company with expertise and experience
- To support organizations who sometime have zero or very little technological know-how, but have a market potential idea
- To start with the ability to quickly prototype the concept to validate market and drive for funding for next stage
- And eventually the ability to take the engineering design to production with minimal budget and timeline, in a global setting
This demands the Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center to be flexible, nimble, ability to scale and versatile.
The effectiveness of such Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center depends on,
- Experience in developing end-to-end products
- Ability to bring in Global Subject Matter Experts (SME) from relevant domain into product development cycle on-demand
- Frugal Engineering Practices to do More with Less
- Cost effective in-house prototyping capability to quickly validate concepts
- Eco-System of partners for Industrial Design, Prototyping, Tooling, Manufacturing and Assembly
- Manage early stage low volume production
- Ability to take the product to compliance and certification
- Provide effective technical support after product launch
Srushty is glad to be part of this growing space of India's Outsourced Engineering and R&D Services, focusing on serving and supporting the Small and Start-up organization as a Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center.
Srushty in collaboration with Progress Consulting offered GD&T Training at SMR Automotive Systems India Limited on 10th and 11th October 2014.
The 2 full day intensive workshop covered GD&T concepts in practitioner’s perspective. The workshop was anchored by Maruthachala Mandiram, Director, Srushty Global Solutions.
The course covered right from basics of Tolerance, and to Why, What and How of GD&T Techniques. Thanks to enthusiastic 40 odd participants from SMR Automotive, the training included real life project examples and study of GD&T usage in them.
The training covered the theoretical aspects, as well as Design Intent, Manufacturing Impact, Part Inspection and Qualification aspects.