There is a significant expansion and growth of large and medium sized MNC's own Captive Engineering and R&D centers, as well as large and medium sized Outsourced Engineering and R&D centers.
As part of this growth there are also small and highly focused Outsourced Engineering and R&D center catering to Small and Start-Up organization across the globe from India. These service providers form the pool of Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D centers.
The need for small and start-up organization is significantly different from that of the established OEMs.
The smaller companies require,
- One-stop-Shop for end-to-end product development covering Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, Firmware and Software
- Ability to complement the core technological strength of the company with expertise and experience
- To support organizations who sometime have zero or very little technological know-how, but have a market potential idea
- To start with the ability to quickly prototype the concept to validate market and drive for funding for next stage
- And eventually the ability to take the engineering design to production with minimal budget and timeline, in a global setting
This demands the Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center to be flexible, nimble, ability to scale and versatile.
The effectiveness of such Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center depends on,
- Experience in developing end-to-end products
- Ability to bring in Global Subject Matter Experts (SME) from relevant domain into product development cycle on-demand
- Frugal Engineering Practices to do More with Less
- Cost effective in-house prototyping capability to quickly validate concepts
- Eco-System of partners for Industrial Design, Prototyping, Tooling, Manufacturing and Assembly
- Manage early stage low volume production
- Ability to take the product to compliance and certification
- Provide effective technical support after product launch
Srushty is glad to be part of this growing space of India's Outsourced Engineering and R&D Services, focusing on serving and supporting the Small and Start-up organization as a Nano Outsourced Engineering and R&D center.